Saturday, March 18, 2006

saturday night (8/16 = 1/2 of the sweet ones)

Klark Kellogg said, "that is a nice penetrating move". on a live look-in for UCLA/Alabama. And for a moment I am 14.

I cant stand Duke. This picture is for props the Sheldon Williams. He is good, but I dont like him, or Duke, and i think he looks ridiculous here.

I would like now to talk about the commercials in these games. CBS has always provided a great deal of repetition not just with its promos, but also for the redundency of its advertisers and the corperate partners of the NCAA.

Try this--I still associate Steve Nash almost immediately when I see the brand logo for the dockers clothing company mostly on account of the night he had in '93 beatng Arizona in a 2-15 (the last two numbers need to be checked, but that's how i tell it to the kids at the park).
(yikes way of coarse)


US Army drama. Square shook my hand....
This type of imperialist drivel in sheep's clothing make me wanna act out violent.

"where did you get that from"
changed man

economic opportunity for minorities (specifically Black MEN). How distgusting to fein concern for the economic plight of minority (perhaps single-parent) families, while recruiting for the war machine.
In this commercial the young, good-looking, articulate, atheletic, afro-american 17.5 yearold comes to his mother at dinner and begins to tell her he has his future planned out. She is skeptical at first, but
Belief that joining the army will provide unique opportunity for the intended applicant is sad thing indeed if/when one considers the obvious REALITY that consitutes the critical situation this empire's army is ungulfed by.

Know this young man(woman), if you get in the army now, you are going to war. You can go to college when the war is over assuming you live through it. But, ask you self two things:
1. Is/when/how is this world going to end?
2. If I am in the army for my own reasons, and and so are the people I work with, and we all are together because we are looking out to take care of ourselves, then how effective a team will we be?




Applebees shrimpy Gilligan song.
That crap is no good. I am talking the song. I am talking the two dweeby wannabe folk stars that are singing in the water and other fake sets. I am talking about the actual shrimp it is crap and it is in my head. GILLIGAN'S ISLAND THEME with crapplebee's skrimps with spicy powder.
I dont even like the fake drip=droplet of water that the white lady wipes from her eye in the very last cut.
Annoying, and the foreknowledge of an inferior product make this the most infuriating commercial of the first weekend. However it does not lead you into thinking that joining and active war effort is a good idea when considering how best to secure your future.



The best commercial is easily the Sonic tater rejection piece.
a. it has decent sports analysis to start off
b. be its funny when the guy interrupts himself to smack away the tater tot
c. that term he calls it that i cannot remember. funny.

No comments: