Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The national semi-finals

Are you excited about the George Mason/Florida match-up we have been waiting for all year?

How about the prospects of UCLA's defense and LSU's free throw shooting mixing for another sub-50's ballgame this deep in the tounrnament?

I wrote that on wednesday of last week. I kept thinking more would be coming.. More thought I would have to point out interesting things. But, nothing.

The games were as boring as I was afraid they could be. Mason was out matched and LSU was never in it with UCLA.

Coach Howland's basketball philosophy is certainly effective, but my so ugly to watch. A free throw with 1:55 left gave LSU its 40th point of the game.

Memphis and LSU combined for 90 points total the last two satuday evening contests verses the Bruins.

However, UCLA did play an exceptional game. The three consecutive dunks to begin the second half contained some of the best execution of basketball strategy I have seen in a long time. Surgically removing the tigers heart, and if you dont beleive that go take a look at Tyrus Thomas face on the bench the entire second half.

No comments: