Monday, October 23, 2006

Week 7: Detroit vs. Jets

While waiting for the freight elevator to come take me to the 3rd floor for the beginning of the 3rd quarter I saw the guy I was seated next to on the front row of the bus for the ride over to the game. Our initital encounter was at 11:09am.

How is a parking lot so full hours before the game and the stadium be so empty for the beginning of the game?


I had hustled around the lower level of the stadium with the camera trying to get an action shot of Roy Williams the NFL's leader in receiving before I went upstairs to make money for serious. Most of the the candy vendors dont service the lower level this early in the afternoon, but it was a little too good down there. Every time I tried to stop and snap a picture someone wanted some overpriced candy too bad to let me silently have my moment.

The Jets dominated the play on the field from the early going. Even when the fans got in the stadium they were (suprise) sedated in their football team's success. Perhaps the Jets' fans themselves are noticibly less than impressed by victories over the Titans, Bills, Dolphins, now Lions - combined record: 5-21.

Maybe actually making the playoffs will get the Jets fans' to the ballpark in time for kickoff. Of coarse, I still think the Jets will get squeezed out in the numbers game of the AFC playoff picture, and catching New England to win the division/host a post-season game is not likely. So even in that event the Jets fan will just have to make sure to stumble into the bar on time a much easier proposition since moter skills are not required for as long to get there.


No comments: