Thursday, October 06, 2005

Why work?

I should be panicked right? I lost my job on the last day of September. Ahh, never mind the Yankees have the first of three at Fenway to end the season. Saturday comes, and I find my way to the importance of a great afternoon of college football and even mixed in some of the second game of the previously mentioned baseball. Then Sunday, well how can an American boy not watch the NFL when its a crisp autumn afternoon. And yeah there was baseball too.

I dont have cable so I didnt bother with 49ers/Cardinals from Mexico City. In fact I still do not know who won this game. I do not care.

I guess if I should really feel bad about any part of my lathargic attempts to garner employment if i had not engaged in Woopi Goldberg's appearance on the Martha Stewart show. What diversion from the nessecity of employment.

Brett Favre reminded me of why Monday Night Football is cool. Because you may be one of only a few people who actually watch something that immediately history records as noteworthy. (yeah, this is spectator sports, but I know my watercoolers) Amongst sports enthusiests it is huge to brag Tuesday morning about what you stayed up for Monday night while the others were sleeping. His team is down, waaaaaay down, and he ALMOST brought them back. Ahhh, I dont even have a job who cares about the boys in the office. Still, its cool to say you were there when say the Jets come back from 4 touchdowns in the 4th to beat the Dolphins in overtime. (yep)

I haven't even mentioned that hockey is back. And now I am done mentioning it.

Come on, I have to get a job.

No comments: